OPEN DAY – SATURDAY 3rd MARCH 2018
10.00 – 12.00
OPEN EVENING – WEDNESDAY 7TH MARCH 2018
4.00 – 6.00
Welcome to Weetwood Nursery
Weetwood Nursery works in partnership with Weetwood Primary School. The standard of provision is high. We strive to maintain a well-resourced variety of provision reflecting the needs and interests of pupils. Partnership with parents /carers is an integral part of the daily routine.
Why Choose Weetwood Nursery?
- Outstanding provision equipping children with skills and confidence
- The option of full time childcare 7:30a.m.- 6:00 p.m. 48 weeks of the year
- A balanced approach between adult led and child initiated activities
- Opportunities for parents / carers to attend meetings in school to support the children’s learning
- Engagement with parents / carers online to share children’s learning and progress
- Ensures a smooth transition into school life
- Interaction with children aged from 3 to 11 in the Out of School Club
- Qualified and experienced teaching team led by Weetwood Primary School
- Careful monitoring and assessment ensures the provision meets the children’s needs
- Celebration events to share your child’s learning and progress
- Children’s ideas and interests at the forefront of all learning
The Nursery is divided into well resourced ‘areas of provision’ enabling the children to develop and consolidate their thinking skills. These are either accessed independently or as part of a teacher-led activity. The ‘areas of provision’ provide children with access to sand, water, playdough, writing equipment, number games, construction toys, books, role play resources and a computer.
We have a large, well resourced, outdoor learning area which we share with the Reception class. This enables us to ensure that children develop their gross motor skills and provides countless opportunities for large scale creative work, scientific investigation, mathematical enquiry and co-operative play. The Nursery has access to the school’s library which they visit twice a week.
We aim to provide a happy, stimulating and exciting environment where each child can develop their enthusiasm for learning. Sessions are well planned and organised in order that every child has the opportunity to explore, investigate and play. Planning follows the current interests of the children. The children have opportunities to collaborate with other children in the Nursery setting.
There are seven areas of learning within the Foundation Stage curriculum:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development which encourages children’s understanding of, and respect for, themselves and others.
- Physical Development which encourages them to use and control their bodies and understand the importance of health and self-care.
- Communication and Language which develops their speaking, listening and understanding.
- Literacy which develops their reading and writing skills.
- Mathematics which introduces them to numbers, counting, calculating, shape and pattern.
- Understanding of the World which introduces them to scientific, historical and geographical ideas.
- Expressive Arts and Design which focuses on their artistic, dramatic and musical skills.
Hours and Prices
We offer full time childcare 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m. = £45.00 per day
- 9:00a.m.-3:00p.m. = £30.00 per day
- 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. and 12:00p.m.-3:00p.m. is £15.00 per day
Below are the options for booking into Nursery. These options are available for children from the first Monday after their third birthday.
*From the term after your child’s third birthday, you will be entitled to 15 hours of free Nursery education a week. For example, a child whose third birthday is on 22nd November will be entitled to 15 free hours a week from January.
This will reduce the daily cost by £15.00.
You can add 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (£5.00) and 3:00p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (£10.00) on to any days you require. See booking form.
Option 1 (full time option)
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Option 2 (morning option 15 hours)
Monday – Friday 9.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m.
Option 3 (afternoon option 15 hours)
Monday – Friday 12.00p.m. – 3.00 p.m.
Option 4 (2.5 day option 15hours)
Monday and Tuesday 9.00 a.m. – 3.00 p.m.
Wednesday 9:00a.m. – 12:00p.m.
Option 5 – (2.5 day option 15hours)
Thursday and Friday 9.00 a.m. – 3.00 p.m.
Wednesday 12:00p.m. – 3:00p.m.
*Options 2 – 5 are free the term after your child’s third birthday.
Before starting Nursery your child will be invited into the Nursery for a play session with their parents /carers to become familiar with the provision and staff. Additionally the Nursery teacher will conduct a home visit so the transition to Nursery is smooth.
All Nursery children can attend Playschemes. School Playschemes are run in every school holiday apart from Christmas and the last two weeks of the summer. They are open from 8.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m. Booking forms can be filled in before each Playscheme. The Playschemes cater for the needs of all the children attending. There are a wide range of activities and trips. Costs for a full day 8:00am-6:00pm is £30.00 and half day 8:00am-1:00pm or 1:00pm-6:00pm is £17.50
Parents /carers are encouraged to work in partnership with the Nursery through the use of our online learning journeys. The learning journeys are an online profiling system whereby parents / carers are able to access the children’s interests and progress in school. We use this as a modelling tool to show parents how to develop their child’s learning at home. This partnership between home and nursery enhances and supports children in their learning journey as readers, writers or speakers and listeners. It also values the contribution that parents / carers make to a child’s learning from home to nursery.
Newsletters and other letters will be sent home regularly, keeping you up to date and enabling you to become fully involved in school life.
Nursery children have the option to bring a packed lunch or have a school meal at the cost of £2.00 per day.
Children will be offered milk, a piece of fruit and a snack such as a breadstick, an oatcake, a rice cake or a biscuit. Children are free to choose when they eat their snack. We provide healthy snacks whilst ensuring we meet the dietary needs of each child.
Please fill Application form below to apply for a place in our fantastic Nursery. For further information please ring 0113 3230450 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to come and see us.