School Mission Statement and Aims
Respecting each other,
Expecting our best,
Learning in a happy school.
We feel it is our task to identify the needs of pupils and help them to:
* Develop values and attitudes such as self-respect, curiosity, open-mindedness, justice and fairness;
* Develop skills for intellectual, physical, emotional and social learning;
* Acquire knowledge in a way that encourages concept formation, independent learning and self-assessment;
* Be properly equipped with the skills they will need to have control over their own lives and environment, and to be able to take a positive role in the community;
* Acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for now and for their future family, community and work roles;
* Begin to understand the complex world in which they live;
* Become aware of their environment, locally, nationally and globally, of its ecological importance and the influences of human beings upon it;
* Appreciate, and develop the confidence to contribute to human achievements;
* Value and have confidence in themselves, to care for others and recognise our human interdependence as individuals, groups and nations;
* Learn important social skills through interaction with others, thus enabling them to take responsibility for their own actions and become aware that these have an effect on the wider environment.